User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Purchasing Advice »

Let's buy 2.1 speakers for <$50

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Let's buy 2.1 speakers for <$50
flail

2005-10-09, 17:07

In this corner, we have Creative Inspire T3000 for $45.

in the other corner, weighing in at only $32, are the Logitech X-230

That's what I found on Newegg, both have 5-star reviews. Anything else I should be looking at? I want a 2.1 system with POWER. Are the T3000s worth the extra cheese? I think the X-230s look a lot better BTW, though it's a bad picture, (They aren't really greenish).

Thanks in advance
pmazer

Send a message via AIM to pmazer  
2005-10-09, 18:21

I would say go somewhere like Best Buy and listen to both of them, along with anything else offered
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2005-10-09, 20:44

I have the T3000 in my room, and they rawk.

Plenty of power, and very balanced. I love the wired remote, because you can attach it to the side of your keyboard (not featured on Logitech's). Also, the T3000 satellites are much better because they have a differentiated midrange/tweeter, are made of very thick/tough plastic, are wall-mountable (since the back is flat), have removable front grilles, and removable aluminum stands.

If you want to hear them before you buy, Staples has them.

You ask me for a hamburger.
flail

2005-10-09, 20:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicbartbeans
I have the T3000 in my room, and they rawk.

Plenty of power, and very balanced. I love the wired remote, because you can attach it to the side of your keyboard (not featured on Logitech's). Also, the T3000 satellites are much better because they have a differentiated midrange/tweeter, are made of very thick/tough plastic, are wall-mountable (since the back is flat), have removable front grilles, and removable aluminum stands.

If you want to hear them before you buy, Staples has them.
I assume the wired remote has a volume control, but I don't see a knob on the picture.

Thanks for the advice
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

2005-10-09, 20:55

Yeah. It has a volume dial, a subwoofer volume dial, and a headphone jack.
jer2eydevil88

2005-10-10, 02:07

I have the logitechs and they are Absolutely Amazing! I had a set of creative 6.1 speakers before this and they sounded like pure crapola when turned up above half way.
flail

2005-10-10, 02:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicbartbeans
Yeah. It has a volume dial, a subwoofer volume dial, and a headphone jack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer2eydevil88
I have the logitechs and they are Absolutely Amazing! I had a set of creative 6.1 speakers before this and they sounded like pure crapola when turned up above half way.
Well? Do yours sound absolutely amazinger?
Crusader

Send a message via AIM to Crusader  
2005-10-10, 03:24

Circuit City has a deal going on, you can get the T3000 for 10 freaking bucks after two mail-in rebates. I'm gonna go pick up two pairs together (A backup for my 200 Watt laptop system, and maybe one for the TV or something).

"It's a good thing there's no law against a company having a monopoly of good ideas. Otherwise Apple would be in deep yogurt..."
-Apple Press Release
pmazer

Send a message via AIM to pmazer  
2005-10-10, 08:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader
Circuit City has a deal going on, you can get the T3000 for 10 freaking bucks after two mail-in rebates. I'm gonna go pick up two pairs together (A backup for my 200 Watt laptop system, and maybe one for the TV or something).
Make sure you can use those mail-in rebates on more than just one of the product. Most of the time, you can't.
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

2005-10-10, 08:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by flail
Well? Do yours sound absolutely amazinger?
Well, I don't think that's a fair description for <$50 speakers, but judging by the Logitech's wattage rating and apparent low-quality of the satellite housing, I think it's safe to say that the T3000 is better. These do have the amazing ability to fill up the room (and shake the floor) with balanced, powerful sound.

You ask me for a hamburger.
flail

2005-10-10, 14:34

Well, I just placed an order for the t3000s on Newegg. I was a little hesitant, because I just realized that a guy in my dorm has the Logitechs and they sound really nice. But if the t3000 are even better then I think I'll be really pleased. Thanks for the advice (again).

BTW, I would pick them up from CC, but they are only available in store, and I don't have a car right now and they're all out of stock too.
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

2005-10-10, 16:23

Good job. I think you've made the right choice.