User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Purchasing Advice »

Roku Soundbridge vs. Slim Design Squeezebox?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Roku Soundbridge vs. Slim Design Squeezebox?
ezkcdude
Veteran Member

2005-11-28, 00:15

I'm trying to decide on a Wi-fi digital music player. Does anyone have experience with either of these? They appear to be the top two contenders.
sonichart

2005-11-28, 12:31

I have the Roku Soundbridge and can tell you I couldn't be happier with it. The SqueezeBox looks pretty cool, but why is it so damn big? I wouldn't be able to use the Squeezebox because of its height alone. The Roku tube is design is perfect-- a big bright display-- easily sits atop any of my components and works seamlesslely with iTunes.

I have only ONE complaint about the Roku box and I don't know that there is anything that can be done.

There is a web-interface for the Roku box that allows you to track forward/backward, adjust volume, etc.. but you cannot select a new album/playlist/artist. I used to have a Turtlebeach AudioTron (which doesn't integrate nicely with iTunes) but the web interface was much more robust.

I almost bought another Roku box for a second location in my home, but I decided to utilize my HomeTheater PC as an iTunes Client instead.

Get the Roku Box you won't be disappointed.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2005-11-28, 15:00

I know for sure the Roku doesn't play Protected AAC files from the iTunes store, I'm not sure whether this is the case or not with the squeezebox.

User formally known as Sh0eWax
ezkcdude
Veteran Member

2005-11-30, 13:56

I ordered the new Squeezebox. I'll report back here with a short review after I've played with it for a few weeks.