Password
AppleNova Forums » Programmer's Nook »

Creating Thumbnails Image of html file

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Creating Thumbnails Image of html file
Velauno

2006-01-07, 17:39

How do i do it?

My objective is to create a miniature image of html newsletter to serve a link to the full size page.

Thanks for your help

jaime
Ebby
Subdued and Medicated

Send a message via AIM to Ebby  
2006-01-07, 18:15

Hit Command-P to open the print window. Click Save as PDF. Open that PDF file in photoshop or editing program and re-scale it to your thumbnail size. Save as JPEG or GIF.

^^ One more quality post from the desk of Ebby. ^^
SSBA | SmockBogger | SporkNET
pmazer

Send a message via AIM to pmazer  
2006-01-07, 18:50

Your other option, if it fits entirely on one screen, is to take a screenshot and shrink that.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2006-01-07, 18:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmazer
Your other option, if it fits entirely on one screen, is to take a screenshot and shrink that.
I too take a screenshot for jobs like this, but I capture only the window.

From the oft-quoted Mac Help file:
  • To take a picture of the whole screen, press Command-Shift-3.
  • To take a picture of part of the screen, press Command-Shift-4, then drag to select the area you want in the picture.
  • To take a picture of a window, the menu bar, the Dock, or other area, press Command-Shift-4, then press the Space bar. Move the pointer over the area you want so that it's highlighted, then click. If you decide you want to drag to select the area, press the Space bar again.
  • If you press Command-Shift-4 and decide you don't want to take the screen shot, press the Escape key.
  • Screen shots are saved as files on the desktop. If you want to put the screen shot in the Clipboard, rather than create a file, hold down the Control key when you press the other keys. You can then paste the picture into a document.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2006-01-07, 23:43

What is the server-side solution for manipulating image sizes... GD or something? Blissfully ignorant....
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-01-07, 23:49

Yes, libgd or imagemagick.
axman6

Send a message via MSN to axman6 Send a message via Yahoo to axman6  
2006-01-09, 01:31

if you check out my website you'll see how i did it, just took screenshots using apple-shift-4 (you get a crosshair so you shouldn't need to crop) the i just scaled them using preview (i think i used preview).http://axman6.homeip.net/photos/ is my photo album.
P.S: JAlbum is a great progtam for making photo albums, and it's free. there's a link to it on my albums