Password
AppleNova Forums » Purchasing Advice »

Rad-Tech Anti-Glare

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Rad-Tech Anti-Glare
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2009-07-16, 12:47

Has anyone used one of these things, or a similar product, on their MacBook Pro? I'm curious if it works and, when taking the thing off, leaves any residue or scratches, etc. Basically, is it worth the $20?

http://www.radtech.us/Products/ClearCal-Displays.aspx

90% of statistics can be made to say anything 50% of the time.
Website | Twitter
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2009-07-16, 13:07

I'm sure it'll be just like an Invisible Shield for an iPhone where it's a pain in the ass to put on and you'll never get it perfect no matter how many times you try.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2009-07-16, 23:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yontsey View Post
I'm sure it'll be just like an Invisible Shield for an iPhone where it's a pain in the ass to put on and you'll never get it perfect no matter how many times you try.
^^^ This.

I can't stand those things. You always get it either slightly crooked, or with little bubbles or creases, which are just as bad as scratches IMO. So it's like, you can either choose to uglify your iPhone immediately, or let it become uglified naturally.

Or, you can just get a case for the thing. I've had mine for months now and it still looks brand new (fingers crossed!).

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2009-07-17, 08:09

Ability to get it on perfectly aside, would the product work? On my first iPhone I had a anti-glare film on and didn't have an issue getting it on. I'm just curious if anyone has used it on something as large as a MacBook before?

90% of statistics can be made to say anything 50% of the time.
Website | Twitter
surjones

2009-07-22, 17:10

I put the same brand on my iPhone as I did on my Dad's MBP 15" and that was static cling - took about 3 mins to get on perfect with out no bubbles. It was made by....... cant remember, but it has green backing and sold in the AppleStore as Anti Glare. I also might add that is it perfect on my iPhone as well - took about 30 seconds, after 2 mins of Cleaning and I have had it on now for 6 months now and the only issue I have had with it, is when the kitten bit the phone cause she hates the alarm I use to wake up to. So just a small 1/16 of a inch scratch