Password
AppleNova Forums » Purchasing Advice »

student discounts...

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
student discounts...
.Hack
Valiant Vicks Vizier

2005-01-11, 23:14

I wanna get a mac using apple's student discount option. I'm a higschool student. But on the apple website, it says that basically only school officials can buy macs for educational purposes. I've found the student page on the apple website. But again, the apple store says that only school offcials can buy macs through the educational discount program... help!?!
Ryan
Veteran Member

2005-01-11, 23:35

Only college students get the educational discount, AFAIK. High school teachers can get the discount though.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-01-11, 23:39

What SquareGuy said.

More details here: Sales and Refunds Policy

Quote:
ELIGIBILITY
Those eligible to purchase from the Apple Store for Education Individuals include faculty, staff and students as follows:

K12 - Any employee of a public or private K-12 institution in the United States is eligible. In addition, school board members who are currently serving as elected or appointed members are eligible. PTA or PTO executives currently serving as elected or appointed officers are eligible.

Higher Education - Faculty and staff of Higher Education institutions; and students attending, or accepted into a Higher Education institution are eligible to purchase. Purchases from the Apple Store for Education Individuals are not for institutional purchase or resale.