User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Purchasing Advice »

Trying to find a good scanner

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Trying to find a good scanner
Shades of Blue

2009-08-20, 19:20

I need to buy a scanner, mostly to scan documents but maybe the occasional photograph as well. My very limited experience with scanning so far (with an HP all-in-one type thing) was unhappy experience, with HP installing tons of crapware to make it work, and the built-in Image Capture app not recognizing the scanner.

What I'd like is something that doesn't require a lot of crapware installation, and would ideally import documents straight into PDF format. It'd be cool if it had a feeder tray so I could put a multi-page document in there and have it scan them all, but I suppose I could live with doing them one at a time on a flatbed or something.

There are so many scanners on Amazon that I don't even know where to begin. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

EDIT: I should mention that I'd like to stay under $150 or so.

Last edited by Shades of Blue : 2009-08-20 at 19:25. Reason: add price range
Souflay123

Send a message via AIM to Souflay123  
2009-08-29, 19:46

I have this canon scanner, all it does is scan, it was like 150/160 I can look up the model number. but it is pretty damn fast, and does a good job of scanning
Swox
OK Mr. Sunshine!

2009-08-29, 20:30

FWIW, I deleted the crapware that HP installed with my scanner. They had some sort of device manager that kept waking up my laptop. I found out what it was with Activity Monitor, and deleted it. My scanner still works perfectly without it.

Do not be oppressed by the forces of ignorance and delusion! But rise up now with resolve and courage! Entranced by ignorance, from beginningless time until now, You have had more than enough time to sleep. So do not slumber any longer, but strive after virtue with body, speech, and mind!