AppleNova Forums » Purchasing Advice »

Multifunction laser networked printers

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Multifunction laser networked printers
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2010-08-05, 06:44

Any thoughts? I need a copier/scanner/laser printer that can connect to my network. Wired or wireless, that doesn't matter. I'd like to keep it under $500.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2010-08-05, 10:38

If you want "cheap", look at HP.

If you want "good", look at Xerox.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2010-08-05, 11:34

Brother has some better pricing than HP and about the same build. HPs generally last longer though. In the end, it's cheaper to get the Brother machines though.

What's you estimated page per month printing on the new machine?

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2010-08-05, 11:58

Not much. Probably a few hundred prints and a few hundred copies.

I really like the 2 brother printers I've got. Granted they don't get a lot of use, but they work without any thought from me.

I'm looking at this Brother 7840. Are there any networked scanners for the Mac that don't suck ass?

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2010-08-05, 12:08

That was the model I had in mind for you actually. You can't get those features for that price from HP. You might want to check out Office Depot for it right now though.

Only Canon does Mac support very well. They have great software for Macs. You might want to look at Canon's MF4370DN.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2010-08-05, 15:00

I'm glad you started this thread. I'm also in the market for a networked laser printer. Fax/scanner/copier. I'd like to stay around $300 if possible. Only need b&w. I've been looking at HP and Brother.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2010-08-05, 15:07

That Brother that turtle linked looks good. It's on sale for $229 from Office Depot this week. I'm thinking that I might want duplex printing so that one won't do it for me but it looks very nice.

torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2010-08-08, 17:27

I ended up going with that Brother turtle linked. It was too good a deal to pass up at $230. It was also tax-free weekend so I was able to save another $20 or so by buying yesterday. I was tempted by the auto-duplex models but I decided that it wasn't worth the extra $270 or so it would have cost. I splurged on my monitor instead.