Password
AppleNova Forums » Purchasing Advice »

Used iPod Trade-In

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Used iPod Trade-In
Paul
Veteran Member

2005-02-27, 11:10

Does anyone know of businesses that do this? I know there are a few out there but I wanted to ask to get a comprehensive list if possible...

A friend of mine is having some trouble with her iPod (3g 15gig out of warranty) and Apple may not be able to fix it. So I suggested Ebay or something like this to get some money out of it...

Has anyone used a service like this?

1215/234215 (top .51875%)
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one business model. -EvilTwinSkippy (/.)
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-02-27, 11:32

I'm pretty sure SmallDog has one. They obviously won't pay you much but it's better than nothing. Of course, people will jump all over any iPod you put on eBay, even a broken one.
MCQ
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to MCQ  
2005-02-27, 13:43

Selling it as is on eBay should net your friend about $80 to $90 if completed auctions are any indication. Your mileage may vary.
arlodog

2006-03-02, 17:42

Check out http://www.nextworth.com/ipod/. they have some pretty good prices and even supply you with the box and shipping!
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2006-03-02, 19:55

Damn... this thread must have the highest viewers-to-posters ratio I've seen in ages.

I've just dropped it from 400-1 to 300-1.

As for suggestions... if she's got some PhotoShop chops she could sell it as a "non-functional prototype 6G ipod." and make more.
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2006-03-02, 23:45

Powermax takes Mac trade-ins--I'm not sure about iPods, though

Quote:
Originally Posted by arlodog
Check out http://www.nextworth.com/ipod/. they have some pretty good prices and even supply you with the box and shipping!
Though your post smells like SPAM, I appreciate the link. I just got a quote of $83 for my mini, which is more than I thought I could get for it!

Twitter: bwyatt | Xbox: @playsbadly | Instagram: @bw317
Paul
Veteran Member

2006-03-02, 23:58

woah... this thread is like a year old, I don't even remember which friend asked me about selling the iPod...
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2006-03-03, 00:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcgriz
Powermax takes Mac trade-ins--I'm not sure about iPods, though

Though your post smells like SPAM, I appreciate the link. I just got a quote of $83 for my mini, which is more than I thought I could get for it!
I think it was spam. Clever spam, but spam nonetheless. A brand new user bumping a thread over a year old just to plug a never before heard of company? Hmm.
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2006-03-03, 00:15

Wow, I didn't even notice how old the thread was. I feel like a dumbass now.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2006-03-03, 00:23

I actually accused arlodog of spamming and locked the thread, but then I looked at the site and noticed it actually is extremely pertinent to this thread (even though it's a very old thread). So if he is a spammer, he's done a very good job of fooling me!
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2006-03-03, 00:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca
I actually accused arlodog of spamming and locked the thread, but then I looked at the site and noticed it actually is extremely pertinent to this thread (even though it's a very old thread). So if he is a spammer, he's done a very good job of fooling me!
Well, if it's good enough for you, it's good enough for me. arlodog, apologies if you weren't actually spamming.