PDA

View Full Version : SUID will not be repaired?

jdcfsu
2007-12-01, 19:45
iPhoto was acting funky today so I pulled up Disk Utility to verify and fix permissions. Well, it solved my iPhoto problems but it also brought something else to my attention, a whole bunch of these SUID files have been modified and will not be repaired. I don't really know what these are but after repair attempts and restarting their still there. I ran Disk Utility on my iMac and the same issues showed up. What are these, what caused them to be modified, and will they cause me any issues? Thanks guys.

Verify permissions for “MacBook”
Warning: SUID file "usr/libexec/load_hdi" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DiskManagement.framework/Versions/A/Resources/DiskManagementTool" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Locum" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Versions/A/Resources/runner" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Admin.framework/Versions/A/Resources/readconfig" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Admin.framework/Versions/A/Resources/writeconfig" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "usr/libexec/authopen" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/Resources/OwnerGroupTool" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Permissions verification complete

thegeriatric
2007-12-01, 20:05
I have the same issue, and thought it might be a bug in Leopard, but 10.5.1 did not fix it maybe 10.5.2 will.

thegeriatric
2007-12-01, 20:12
Just found this if it helps.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306925

jdcfsu
2007-12-01, 21:00
Well there you go. I guess it will be addressed in a point update then. Thanks geriatric.

AWR
2009-11-01, 03:33
Just got these for the first time (while repairing permissions prior to SuperDuper! backup).

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Locum" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Could it be related to enabling for the first time the share home music function in iTunes yesterday?

Running Snow Leopard 10.6.1.

Thanks for the information thegeriatic; I guess its only annoying and nothing to worry about. But I wonder how I will get SuperDuper to copy my HD properly now.

Helluva bump. :o (Searched SUID)