View Single Post
ShadowOfGed
Travels via TARDIS

2007-01-25, 18:56

Alright, I know I've been building anticipation for about two days now, but this time I'm here to deliver!

There are now two packages, which are "MacFUSE Tools" (for any FUSE filesystem), and then NTFS-3G, for all of our NTFS needs. There are a variety of flavors. You can download individual disk images for each, or a "Full" one that includes both MacFUSE Tools and NTFS-3G. Here they are:
For the list of new features, see my previous post. Documentation is now included in the downloads, so see if those files can answer your questions. REMEMBER TO UNINSTALL OLD VERSIONS FIRST! See my earlier post for instructions on that, too.

The only problem that didn't get resolved was/is the Finder fixes. For some reason, waiting on the MacFUSE notifications still doesn't fix it. I'll poke around inside the NTFS-3G code to see if I can find the cause later, but I'm not going to delay the release any further. The new MacFUSE notification listeners are working, so the hard work (aside from any NTFS-3G patching) is now done.

That's it for now! I've run tests myself, and I can read, write, mount, unmount, format, and verify without trouble. The shutdown problem is fixed by the addition of fuse_daemon from MacFUSE Tools. If any other issues crop up (aside from the Finder problem), let me know!

Enjoy, everybody!

Apparently I call the cops when I see people litter.