Thread: On Naming
View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2010-03-02, 20:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboman View Post
I'm horrible at naming. I need to name the lead character of the piece I'm working on now. He has a last name and so far everybody either calls him by that or "Doctor," which actually wouldn't change even if he had a first name. Only one character calls him by his first name, and only (I think) once, but that actually makes it harder because it has to be a really good name because it will be in the spotlight for that one sentence. I was thinking something starting with S, but I already have two S'es. And it has to sound old. Any ideas?
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I found the perfect name and it is so perfect and it actually ties in perfectly with the existing series that the piece is tangentially related to and it fits into that plot and it is so perfect OMG.

I can't tell you what it is. It would spoil the whole thing. And I have to make sure it works. But I think it will.

OMG, it's, like, a fitting name for a hard-to-name guy, and a massive plot eureka moment all in one. OMG OMG OMG.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong