Thread: iPad 3
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2011-10-12, 12:01

Yeah, $300 is nothing to sneeze at. I just think most people, if they can swing it, would go ahead and spend it for the fuller, larger experience of the iPad (and the App Store and known quality of iOS, solid future updates they can count on, etc.).

But I admit...that's how I'm wired. I don't like similarity and overlap in my stuff. I'd rather have a tiny iPhone and a big, powerful iMac (which is what I have). I'd never have a MacBook Air, iPad and Kindle Fire...three light, small devices all occupying that same sort of size/space. I hate that kind of approach. I like big, ridiculous differentiation, with everything being the best at its job/size without a bunch of "mingling". iPhone in my pocket, big powerful iMac at home...if I can't do everything I need with both of them, them I need to re-evaluate what I'm doing (and why).

It'll be interesting to see how it all shakes out in the coming months (especially with the holidays coming up). I assume we'll hear some figures and info in the early part of 2012, to get an idea of how things go.