View Single Post
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-04-11, 11:39

On third thought: this might not actually be that bad...

1) build channels below the current ones by 3 or four (need to figure out how much lower they need to be). Ideally these channels would be wider to prevent spiders from clogging the works, but this will make it difficult to build and design intersections of the channels. I need to consider this more...

2) Install miniature grinders designed to take care of both normal height mobs and spiders -- slight variation on the lava blade -- above the flow on every rise or every other rise.

3) Have Brad kindly turn off hostile mob spawning while work is underway in the trap.

4) Dry channels in trap. Punch holes to allow mobs to drop into the channels below. Install signs to control water flow. Place water. Knock out torches, get out, and have Brad turn the hostile mobs back on...

Note: The original plan was to have most mobs die by falling. This eliminates that concept allowing a more compact structure but one whose efficiency will likely overcome the difficulties of depending upon lava blades.

I just quickly built an example of the microgrinder above a simulated channel for your observation just outside of the hostile mob trap.

Last edited by billybobsky : 2011-04-11 at 12:06.