View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2012-05-27, 11:48

22 days later, nothing is any better. I'm missing e-mails constantly. I even did a complete restore on my phone (and didn't even do the "rebuild from backup"...I set it up just like a brand new, first-time phone". Everything wiped/removed, iOS reinstalled, I had to go through that initial set-up procedure again, etc.

As before, everything works perfectly except my iCloud-based mail (my primary "@mac.com" account that I've had for all these years, since iTools) simply won't automatically push/notify me. The only way I know if I have a new e-mail is to wake the phone, launch mail, go to the inbox and wait for it to refresh/load. As you can imagine, this sucks after a long time of stuff just automatically "dinging", 24/7, as new mail arrives.

Others I know with iPhones and iCloud-based mail are having the same, or similar issues, while others aren't at all. So I can't discern any sort of set, obvious pattern or rhyme/reason. It's just aggravating. I thought surely yesterday's restore would've fixed it.

Nope.

FWIW, I loaded up my secondary/rarely-used Yahoo! account on the iPhone and sent some test mails to it and it, too, isn't being pushed. Just as with my iCloud/@mac.com e-mail, I have to launch the Mail app and wait for it to get. All my settings are on Push, etc.

Just some weird iCloud/server snag?

It's a pisser because it worked perfectly until I migrated.

Am I the only one dealing with this? What makes me so special?