Thread: iPhone 2012 ;)
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2012-04-12, 13:51

Yeah, I'll be getting the next one too. I made my first iPhone go three-plus years, and I appreciated the jump from the original 2007 model to the 2010 iPhone 4 (believe me...it was dramatic ). But that third year, I was charging it much more (it would drain in the course of an afternoon) and it was certainly feeling its age. I figure I can swing $199 every two years for something I use, and enjoy, this much.

So, unlike last year, I'll actually be following closely - and looking forward to - the next release. Because it's what I'll be stepping up to this fall. I'm never going to be one of those "early buyers", or pay full price/break contract to upgrade every year like some people do. I think that's a bit silly (although I don't care what people choose to do with their own money).

But to get everything that's in the 4s (Siri, nicer camera, etc.) plus whatever else they've got in store...yeah, I'll appreciate that two-year jump. And unlike my original 2007 iPhone (which I'm holding onto as a historical artifact), I'll have no problem selling this iPhone 4 this fall and using it to help pay for a new one. So that'll be nice. I wonder what a 2010 out-of-contract/unlocked 16GB iPhone 4 would bring come then?