View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2007-01-17, 01:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowOfGed View Post
I actually ravaged your scripts

Quote:
, and after mimicking the behavior of Apple's ntfs.util, the mount points are chosen correctly, and pretty much everything works with auto-mounting.
Nice!

Quote:
I patched the mount_fusefs binary that MacFUSE ships so that mountpoints no longer have the "@0" nonsense on the end; that really throws off DiskArbitration.
Good.

Quote:
My only problem now is this: every time I automatically mount a volume, I encounter the statfs() race condition without fail, so Finder sees a volume with no size, and that is unwritable. As Amit says on the Wiki, Finder never recovers. Dammit. Everything else works, including read/write access from the command line, mounting and un-mounting as many times as you like, from wherever you like.
I thought the race condition was fixed in the second release; whatever it was. Beta 005, I guess. (What's up with MacFUSE's awful version numbering?)