View Single Post
Wrao
Yarp

2012-06-12, 11:16

Speaking of Android. Where are they? I was doing a lot of traveling this past week. Several airports and hotels, a few major cities, crowded public areas where people are standing around using their phones a lot, is the point. While I obviously didn't take specific count of the devices I saw or how it compares to the amount of people I saw. I still feel pretty confident saying that, of what I saw the overwhelming majority was iPhones, to a degree that the 'non-iPhone' devices are almost not even worth mentioning.

It was like this at every airport terminal, every hotel, every plane and every venue. I'm not about to say that the Android marketshare stats are bogus or anything but it is weird is all because Android's marketshare lead _is_ pretty substantial to the degree where you really think you'd be seeing them 'in the wild' more frequently than you do iPhones. I think maybe Android users just don't idly sit around playing with their phones as much as iPhone users? (which actually might have some merit to it given the big gap in mobile browser and app usage between the platforms). Seems like that might be the case if most Android users basically don't even use their phones as smartphones that you'd be less likely to see them 'out' while people are sitting around killing time.