Thread: iPhone 2012 ;)
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2012-05-30, 11:14

Are we sure it's even legit? A lot of these things "leak" out in the weeks and months leading up, and we see how many of them have turned out false or hoaxes. Something about it simply doesn't ring true, or says "Apple", to me.

Granted, if this is legit then I'll learn to deal with it. Several Apple products over the years have looked odd, uninspired - or even a bit ugly - in pre-release spy shots, or Apple's own PR photography. It's always been the case that seeing and touching/holding these things in person goes a long way. You notice and appreciate the little touches and details you simply can't pick up on in photos. The way it feels in your hand, its responsiveness when you use it, the weight, the brightness and clarity of the screen, etc. Enough of those can often cancel out "ugly".

I can forgive an odd-looking iPhone if I have to...because it's an iPhone. It isn't going to suck, after all. And news flash...I don't buy these things for their looks. That's merely a nice back-end benefit/icing on the cake. Apple, so far, just makes it look easy...the powerful, easy-to-use and fun OS combined with sleek, stylish hardware.