View Single Post
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-11-21, 12:20

And the other problem is that Nintendo will continue to rely on their old franchises to bring in the cash. I think it's a major problem - Zelda, Mario and Metroid are popular, but not popular enough to appeal to enough people. The hardcore Nintendo fans are providing Nintendo with all their sales. I was talking with some friends the other day and realized that the GC really doesn't have many good, exclusive games outside of the big franchises. I mentioned a few that I thought were great, and it was met with "yeah, but that's out for such and such system too."

Nintendo has run into such a drought of good games that I'm now planning on selling my GameCube. My next system won't be from Nintendo. The PS2 and XBox simply offer a better variety of games that aren't all aimed at the nostalgia crowd.

I think it would be interesting if Sony were to try to develop a portable system with PS1-level graphics that costs about $100 and is as small and light as the GBA:SP. That would utterly slaughter the DS. Right now I think the DS sales will be poor because if you want good graphics in a portable, you'll get the PSP, but if you want something inexpensive, the small and light GBA:SP will serve you better and has a larger game library.