View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2013-10-05, 16:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecMode View Post
Whoops - missed the overall context there.
Yeah, iTunes - and syncing/backing up to a separate, standalone computer - isn't part of all this. That's why it's tricky, and why I'm bringing this all up. Nobody has a solution...because it doesn't exist!

Apple has made PC Free about 94% PC Free. But that remaining 6% is kinda important...

It's odd, huh? Everyone knows, and agrees, it's an issue. But Apple, short of that thing they've got in their stores, seems completely unaware or unconcerned.

If I could run into Phil Schiller or someone like that - and I only have one question/five minutes - the above is the only thing I'd ask. I don't give a rip about what new MacBooks are going to look like, or blah blah. We'll learn all that stuff in time. But the above is actual, real-world stuff...I'd love to share my concerns/thoughts, and then hear why (or if) they're working on something to directly address it.

Right now my one hope I'm hanging on is that new iPads are around the corner. The time for something like this to happen would be at that press event, if it's going to happen at all in 2013. So my fingers are crossed that maybe, just maybe, Apple's a) been using that setup at their stores as an 18-month test/pilot program, or b) that maybe they read my suggestion from nearly two years ago and said "this dork has a point...we need to get some folks on this!"

So we'll see.

If the new iPad event comes and goes with nothing like the above being addressed, I'm going to be truly baffled. And I still won't know what to tell these people I know...