View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2007-01-17, 00:27

Okay, I've changed the appropriate section in ntfs.util accordingly:
Code:
label=`/usr/local/sbin/ntfslabel -fq "$device" 2>/dev/null | sed "s=[ /]=_=g"` # prevent spaces and slashes, as per Apple's ntfs.util if [ `echo "$label" | wc -c` -eq 0 ] then label="Untitled NTFS Volume" fi echo -n "$label"$'\0' > /System/Library/Filesystems/ntfs-3g.fs/ntfs-3g.label echo -n "NTFS-3G"$'\0' > /System/Library/Filesystems/ntfs-3g.fs/ntfs-3g.name echo -n "$label"$'\0' exit -1 # FSUR_RECOGNIZED; probe response; mounting implied possible
This matches http://darwinsource.opendarwin.org/C...oj/ntfs_util.c rather closely. I don't know if the .label and .name files are actually used any more, especially since the code says /* backwards compatibility */. Oh well. The good news:

1) The mount points are now nicer. Instead of /Volumes/Untitled [n], you get the actual name, though with underscores instead of spaces or slashes.
2) Disk Utility now shows the volume names.

However, due to the replacing of spaces and slahes, Disk Utility shows it as, e.g., "Some_Volume". I can't really figure out how Apple's ntfs.util avoids this.

Also, Disk Utility still considers those volumes unmounted.

Last edited by chucker : 2007-01-17 at 00:38. Reason: fixed minor typo-esque bug