View Single Post
ShadowOfGed
Travels via TARDIS

2007-01-17, 01:20

I actually ravaged your scripts, and after mimicking the behavior of Apple's ntfs.util, the mount points are chosen correctly, and pretty much everything works with auto-mounting. I patched the mount_fusefs binary that MacFUSE ships so that mountpoints no longer have the "@0" nonsense on the end; that really throws off DiskArbitration.

My only problem now is this: every time I automatically mount a volume, I encounter the statfs() race condition without fail, so Finder sees a volume with no size, and that is unwritable. As Amit says on the Wiki, Finder never recovers. Dammit. Everything else works, including read/write access from the command line, mounting and un-mounting as many times as you like, from wherever you like.

I tried putting in a compulsory sleep at the end of the Mount() function, but it doesn't help. Unfortunately. There doesn't seem to be anything more I can do. I'm going to upload the new installers I have that take care of symlinks in /sbin, so you can take a look.

They'll be up in a few minutes, here:

(defunct)

Apparently I call the cops when I see people litter.

Last edited by ShadowOfGed : 2007-01-17 at 03:20. Reason: Borked builds; find newer ones below.