View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2011-07-14, 12:24

Does it show exact locations in a house, or just a general "it's somewhere in this 20-25 foot radius" idea? Having trouble finding mine and where it's showing isn't where it is. But when I view it again (refresh) the blue dot has moved. I'm the only one here and nobody has it and is moving around with it. But it was showing in one area earlier (technically outside, viewed from the satellite view), but then into what appears to be the kitchen part of my house, a good 40-50 feet away from the first "find".

Just curious how accurate/reliable this feature is, tracking an iPhone 4. I know it's somewhere in this house...just can't really go by the crazy blue-dot locations I'm being shown so far.

FWIW, I have WiFi in my place, and a strong AT&T signal (four full bars). I don't know if that matters with this stuff, but I'm including it just in case.

EDIT: Just ran/refreshed it again, and it showed the thing (the blue tracking dot) smack dab in the middle of the backyard pool. Refreshed it 20 seconds later and the blue dot moved to the other side of the pool. Unless a cat has tied it around its color, the thing isn't outside, wandering around...