Thread: iPad 3
View Single Post
hmurchison
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to hmurchison  
2012-02-18, 02:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraetos View Post
And now we're supposed to believe that it has 4G LTE too? Which is a notorious battery sucker? What, exactly, is going to power this thing? The main appeal of the iPad is the super awesome battery life, somehow I don't believe Apple is about to release an iPad which has drastically shorter battery life than its predecessor. Yes, yes, the 4S doesn't last as long as the 4, but it's minor. Putting an LTE chipset in the iPad would shoot the battery in the foot.
LTE is probably solid as Qualcomm has a new chip that is smaller and less power hungry (28nm fab) and supports LTE/GSM/CDMA and voice all in a single chip. Nice side effect of such a chip is that an iPad LTE would not require separate AT&T and Verizon models and who know Sprint may get a crack at it as well.

I'm still thinking that we see Quad Core. The A6 should be fabbed at 28nm also and sometimes it makes sense to add cores to keep heat down rather than clock the frequency higher.

Oh yes BT 4.0 please. I'm eagerly awaiting the next revision of Apple BT accessories that will suddenly last a year or more on pair of AA batteries.

omgwtfbbq