View Single Post
ShadowOfGed
Travels via TARDIS

2007-01-17, 03:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
You must have broken something in the Info.plist. It should call ntfs.verify/ntfs.repair, not ntfs.util.
Nope, Contents/Info.plist references ntfs-3g.verify and ntfs-3g.repair; all the included filesystems use the bundle name as the prefix, so that's why I switched to ntfs-3g for that.

Well, something odd is going on. I changed from symlinks to hardlinks, and the "don't call directly" warning vanished. But then it died because it wasn't getting arguments. So I updated the Info.plist to explicitly pass the -y and -q parameters.

Also, I'm going to start keeping revision numbers (-r3) so I don't lose track of this mess I've made. I tested formatting, verification, and mounting/unmounting with this version, through both diskutil and Disk Utility. If anything breaks, let me know!

EDIT: Renaming of NTFS volumes is still limited to using ntfslabel on the command line; I cannot find how to integrate support for that.

So the fixed revisions are here:Something's still going wrong. File managers open when NTFS mounts happen show the volume as having 0 size. In the screenshot, Finder was already running, but Path Finder was started after mounting. I can reverse the problem by reversing the order. Here's the screenshot:
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 1.png (174.5 KB, 25 views)

Apparently I call the cops when I see people litter.

Last edited by ShadowOfGed : 2007-01-17 at 03:47. Reason: Finally, NTFS sucks less.