View Single Post
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-04-16, 02:20

Ok: So I started laying the new channels for the trap booster and realized something awful: my minigrinder only works on MOST of the channels, but not all. Intersections at the main channel cannot be treated the same way.

Fear not, there are solutions:

We ignore spiders and just put tall mob grinders on the main channels. We prefilter out the spiders and place cacti at these filters for good measure (probably was going to happen anyway). The third solution may actually be the best: offset the booster main channels from the main channels above by 2, place standard minigrinders and at the intersections (where two side channels meet the main channel) have no grinder. At most this means mobs will have to travel two lengths of eight until they die.

These ideas aren't entirely exclusive, filtering off the spiders has merits, but also might have unintended downstream effects...

As it stands the starter channels are NOT offset, so don't go extending those just yet. Also Note: The channels in the current trap are not 'perfect' in that it may be necessary to remove some blocks to get everything to line up and not prevent the grinders from being inserted.