View Single Post
Quagmire
meh

2012-03-19, 19:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyngo View Post
Today, I found out that my iPad has one dead pixel. I'm really not sure what to do. I'm really kind of confused as to what action to take. What would you do in this case? Would you take your iPad back to the store?

I don't want to be too picky, but there's a certain level of expectation that I have. Anyways, I don't want to sound too rash and I don't want to end up with a machine that's even worse, but this one pixel is kind of annoying. I hope I'm not being too trivial.
The pixels are so small that you'll probably never notice it unless you constantly look for it. My parents 27" iMac has one dead pixel and in normal use, I can never tell its there. When I look for it, I can see it, but it's a, "whatever" for me since its so small. Especially if that is the only thing wrong with the iPad. What happens if you exchange it for an iPad that overheats like torifile? Or if it has bad light leaks? If it was the iPad 1/2 with its bigger pixels, then yeah that would bug me since a dead pixel would stand out more.

But, if you do want to exchange it, do it now since you're within the 14 day window. As if you warranty it, AppleCare will say its within their tolerances as I believe anything less than 4 dead pixels they won't replace it.

giggity