Thread: Car Talk
View Single Post
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2012-12-07, 11:57

On the Cadillac forums, rumor is that the 2013 CTS-V wagon will be the last one. There are no plans for a wagon version of the upcoming all new 2014 CTS-V, there will only be a sedan and a coupe. Or a saloon and a coupé for you weird people in Europe. The good news is that the new CTS-V should be an even better car performance wise, it'll be built on the new ATS platform and it will lose a significant amount of weight, possibly 500-600 lbs.

But for those of us who like performance wagons - or performance estates for the Euros again - this is disappointing. The CTS-V is the only performance wagon you can buy in the US with a proper manual transmission. My long term plan was actually to trade mine in on a next-gen V wagon some time down the road. I would love to have the option to buy something like an Audi RS6 Avant, but they're not sold in the US and even if they were they would cost $120,000 or so. You can get an E63 AMG wagon in the US but again, no manual transmission, over $100,000, and handling isn't as good as the CTS-V.

One thing about Europe, there is no shortage of great estate cars. Cadillac say they're discontinuing the CTS-V wagon due to low sales, but the consensus seems to be that the low sales they're talking about are actually the normal CTS wagon, not the V model. And that's too bad because they've been making profit on the V wagon since it was released in 2011.