Thread: Car Talk
View Single Post
Chinney
Veteran Member

2012-12-29, 07:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
So after test driving a 2013 Ford Fusion, I'm going to go ahead and say it's the far and away best ~$20-30K large/midsize sedan. It just does certain things that matter to me way better than competitors like the Accord, Camry, Passat.
I have always kind of liked the Fusion myself. I have driven a few as rentals and driving cars belonging to family. Too bad that they don't make it in wagon though. If they did, I would give it some consideration.

The lack of availability of wagons generally in the North American market annoys me, especially since the same models in many brands are available as wagons elsewhere in the world. We also tend to have far fewer options in engine type (i.e., diesel) and size (i.e., smaller engines). I thought consumer choice was supposed to be a good thing. There are almost no vehicles for sale here now that would tempt me, if we were to replace our now 5-year-old Subaru Legacy Wagon. The Legacy Wagon itself is no longer available here - just the Outback, which Subaru has now fully turned into an SUV. We may just hold onto the Legacy for a long while. I know a good private mechanic who specializes in Subaru, and I imagine that he will be able to keep it running in good condition.

When there's an eel in the lake that's as long as a snake that's a moray.