View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2012-04-07, 11:02

Ohmigosh, that did it...all 14.7GB are now copying into my present-day Pictures folder (where I should be able to rebuild my iPhoto library as it was a few weeks ago (I've not used it much the past few weeks, obviously...it would just bum me out/piss me off to even launch it).

Still copying, but I'll report back and let you know if this did indeed fix it. 11 minutes remaining...

Talk about a load off my mind, if this works.

You don't realize just what photos and "capturing those moments" really mean...until you run up against the idea of never seeing them again.

I've been in such a funk over all this...pictures of someone very special to me, and her son, were suddenly gone. All the stuff we've done, places we've gone and things we've seen the past 18-20 months, etc. I've documented every one...school stuff, trips, weekends, lakes, amusement park, birthdays, get-togethers, general "how cute" pics, etc.

I don't want to get too ahead of myself, but this is the first time I've been able to copy that 14.7GB iPhoto library file from March 6 back to present day. So I have to believe that was it (applying to all, etc.). I was tackling it from the library file itself, but I backed out a level to the Pictures folder and did what you suggested. And when I clicked "restore", it brought it forward into today's Picture folder in my account and started copying...never gave me the usual "don't have access to this item" message. For once!

If this works, I'm buying you a beer the size of a house if I ever see you.

EDIT: It worked!!! Everything is back, just like it was a month ago.

Now I don't have to dread/hate launching iPhoto anymore.

A most sincere and gracious "thank you". To everyone (I tried every suggestion given, so I appreciate the help).

*sigh*...that's a weight off my shoulders.