Thread: iCloud
View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2011-10-12, 11:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by torifile View Post
My worry with iCloud is what it will do to older computers with respect to syncing. My hackintosh is probably not going to make the leap to Lion and I don't want to lose the ability to sync to it. Will there be an iCloud release for Snow Leopard?
A 10.6.9 appears in the works. (Or they had at some point planned it but then cancelled?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
I'd love to know the answer to this, or even some clarification on what parts actually require Lion. Presumably email will continue to work without Lion. After all, it's just standard IMAP/SMTP right? The music features seem tied to versions of iTunes and iOS instead of Mac OS X. The various other former-MobileMe syncing features (bookmarks, calendars, contacts) I could see disappearing from Snow Leopard, even though calendars should just be standard CalDAV.

*shrug*
CalDAV and CardDAV, yep. Not sure about mail but pretty sure it's IMAP/SMTP.

This thread has the URLs for setting CalDAV and CardDAV up. Not sure if anyone got it to work in 10.6 that way.