View Single Post
addison
Formerly “AWM”

2012-05-17, 16:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraetos View Post
Every Verizon rep I've encountered (my old job required frequent interaction with them) either brazenly pushed the latest and greatest Droid, or they sheepishly recommended iPhone, as if they would get in trouble for doing so.

That was about 6 months ago. Is it different now? Was it different before? Because according to CNN, Verizon's stance is that iPhones are "outdated," and this echoes my personal experience, and I am not convinced Verizon will change their tune once an LTE iPhone comes out.
Yet they sell way more iPhones than other devices so it's kind of meaningless. To me they are promoting LTE more than discouraging the iPhone. Other carriers have different goals. Over at Sprint they shove iPhones down your throat. They have a kiosk outside the Apple store here where reps stand around holding iPhone boxes trying to get customers. Is that better than what Verizon is doing? AT&T did the same thing for years. They didn't even carry android devices for years. Now they are more diversified than any other carrier but they will still sell more iPhones each quarter.

I doubt Apple gives a crap about any carrier trying to openly hype a competing product over the iPhone. The biggest threat to them right now is any assault on the subsidy model.