View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2007-01-16, 17:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowOfGed View Post
Could I look at your FS bundle to see what I can (or can't) get working?
http://www.chucker.rasdi.net/temp/ntfs-3g.fs.zip

1) It needs to go into /System/Library/Filesystems. I couldn't get DiskArb to care about /Library/Filesystems at all.
2) I didn't check if the symlinks are okay. Even if they are, you need one more.
Code:
/sbin/mount_ntfs-3g -> /System/Library/Filesystems/ntfs-3g.fs/ntfs.util ntfs.format -> ntfs.util ntfs.mount -> ntfs.util ntfs.probe -> ntfs.util ntfs.repair -> ntfs.util ntfs.verify -> ntfs.util
The reason these symlinks exist is because DiskArb is rather irrational and random about how it calls the utility. Sometimes it respects some of the Info.plist, sometimes it doesn't. To give a bizarre example, it doesn't care about FSFormatExecutable (it calls ../../ntfs.util when it's supposed to call ../../ntfs.format), but it does care about FSFormatArguments. On the other hand, it doesn't care about FSVerificationArguments (it'll always pass "-q" no matter what), yet it does about FSVerificationExecutable. The symlinks allow me to use 'basename' to gather what DiskArb is really trying to do. I initially made some of these separate shell scripts, but that turned out to be wasteful in terms of code reuse. This is an okay solution.
3) I removed my excessive debug code, which means I might have broken a thing or two by accidentally removing too much. You'll see, I guess.
4) I know. It's ugly. But for the most part, it actually works.