View Single Post
GSpotter
Veteran Member

2012-03-31, 02:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
I think it would be far more likely to see it replacing the 16-35mm F4, which doesn't exactly score high in resolution tests.
It has some strong distortion at the wide end and is a bit soft in the corners, but apart from that it is a very sharp lens. And the usability is much better than the 14-24 (filter thread, less weight, VR as added bonus).

Mansurovs: "The 17-35mm and the 24-70mm lenses have been known as some of the best Nikon zoom lenses ever produced and the new lightweight Nikon 16-35mm f/4.0 VR proved to be better than both wide open at f/4.0. As can be seen from my Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8G Review, the Nikon 16-35mm is as sharp in the center and only weaker in the corners"

dpreview: "Overall, image quality is pretty impressive. The lens is very sharp in the center of the frame at almost all settings, and while the extreme corners are a little soft wide open on full frame (especially at 16mm), they sharpen up well on stopping down to normal working apertures. "

Ken Rockwell
finds it even sharper than the 14-24.

Only Photozone emphasizes on the corners.

My photos @ flickr
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. -- Benjamin Franklin