View Single Post
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2012-05-05, 16:48

Since running is something that bores me nearly as much as taxes, I tried something a little different. We have one of those old-school Schwinn Air-dyne bikes (air resistance) and I thought that the same process that works with perfect push-ups and iron-gym pull-ups (doing 3 consecutive sets - long, medium, short in the span of 2-3 minutes) might work for strengthening leg muscles too?

IOW with the push-ups and pull-ups, the trick is you repeat the cycle every 10 or 15 minutes, a total of 3 or 4 times until your upper body is just shot. Then you hit the myoplex and let your body rest for a couple days before doing it again. I figure with the bike... I warm up at a slower speed for a minute or two, ratchet up to a medium resistance until I start to feel some burn, then hit the pedals as hard as I can for a minute or two until my legs give out... then wind down slow... repeat again in 5 or 10 minutes. Anyone think that would work / have experience with that kind of build-up for their legs? I'm not big into gyms and doing the whole free weight thing.

...into the light of a dark black night.