Thread: iPad 3
View Single Post
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2012-02-17, 18:57

So it has a retina display. That seems to be a given. Retina display means faster processor to push all those pixels which means increased power consumption compared to the iPad 2.

And now we're supposed to believe that it has 4G LTE too? Which is a notorious battery sucker? What, exactly, is going to power this thing? The main appeal of the iPad is the super awesome battery life, somehow I don't believe Apple is about to release an iPad which has drastically shorter battery life than its predecessor. Yes, yes, the 4S doesn't last as long as the 4, but it's minor. Putting an LTE chipset in the iPad would shoot the battery in the foot.

If this is true, then Apple has made major improvements to either lithium ion batteries or 4G LTE chipsets. (Or both.) I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying it's damned amazing if true.

Also,

Quote:
Originally Posted by torifile View Post
Given that the WSJ seems to be 100% accurate when they publish Apple rumors, I'd mark all of them as very likely.
They didn't get iPhone 4S right. IIRC they were in the teardrop-shaped LTE iPhone 5 camp. But yes, the WSJ is more often than not Apple's "whoops, who let that slip?" confidant.

Logic, logic, logic. Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris, not the end.

Last edited by Kraetos : 2012-02-17 at 22:03.