Thread: Prometheus
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2012-03-20, 15:05

His toolbox has certainly expanded in 33 years. It looks great, but I, too, remember my first viewing of Alien, and how it looked and felt, compared to so many other movies in that genre. Naturally, I didn't see it upon release (at 10 or so, as I wasn't allowed). But I caught it a few years later on HBO and loved it.

Actually, I had read the Mad magazine parody on it, so I already knew the basic storyline and what to expect. In fact, that constituted much of my 70's and 80's moviegoing...I almost always read the Mad take on these things before I was ever old enough to see/appreciate the real thing (The Exorcist, Dog Day Afternoon, The French Connection, etc.). It might have colored my view of them, upon finally seeing them for real...

I'll be seeing Prometheus, simply because I'm curious and it looks like something I'd enjoy. And even with the loosest grip on the Alien universe, that's enough to pull me in. I think we're going to learn exactly what happened/why in that scene from Alien when they find that pilot with the blown-out chest. So it's obviously connected, and parts of the trailer clearly show it. I don't think we'll be seeing the classic Geiger "alien" creatures, but I think everything will point to the events of the '79 movie, and how it unfolded. In fact, in this trailer, you see what looks to be one of those Geiger aliens on that carved wall. You have to pause the trailer, but tell me that's not one of those things...

Pause the trailer at 1:35...

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2012-03-20 at 15:15.