Thread: Prometheus
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2012-06-02, 15:42

I'm in the same boat, really. I only have an interest in the original Star Wars trilogy and, to a much, much lesser degree, the subject of this movie. In fact, if this wasn't Ridley Scott returning to this old stomping ground, I wouldn't be seeing this. But I've seen all the other Alien flicks and, right or wrong, I'm lumping this in with them...

But, yeah...Star Trek (all of them...movies, TV shows, spin-offs, etc.) escaped me, as do all the shows like Firefly, Dollhouse(?) and the whole sci-fi/fantasy thing in general. I never saw Avatar (never even wanted to), and I just don't really follow the genre. I was never into space/sci-fi...just Star Wars (the same way that I gently correct people who say I'm "into computers"...no I'm not. Just Macs. There's a difference).

I'll see Prometheus next week, The Dark Knight Rises on its opening weekend and that's probably about it for this summer. I'd like to see the new 007 movie this fall/winter, along with the Tarantino western, Django Unchained, currently being filmed. But it's looking like I'm going to get out of 2012 with no more than six visits to the multiplex.