View Single Post
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-07-23, 15:41

Best thing to do if you want the right one the first time, and you want to get it right away, is to go to an office supply store or a computer store and try them out. Most of these stores have about a dozen mice sitting out for you to try, so you can get a feel for how they fit your hand, positions of buttons, etc.

My mouse is a Logitech MX700, a wireless mouse with about a zillion buttons (actually eight). I have them all programmed to perform various functions, like opening a link in a new tab, using Expose, and going back or forward in the browser. Logitech tends to make good mice, and they have a lot of different models so you can get one that suits you best.

Another excellent choice would be the Kensington Pilot Mouse. My brother has one and it's really comfortable. It is just a simple two button + scroll mouse, but it has rubber pads on it that are very comfortable.

It's probably cheaper to buy the mouse online (NewEgg.com is the best, as long as you live in the US), but if you buy it in the store then you get it right away.