View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2013-10-05, 16:41

I understand. If I had more patience - and the users I had in mind were more savvy and self-reliant on this stuff - I'd gladly consider such approaches.

All I can do now is just wait and see what might happen at this upcoming iPad media event. That would solve such a real-world situation...

And I'd feel SO much better about recommending iPads to people (vs. a full-on computer, Mac or PC). My Mom's great aunt who lives in Washington...she's an older lady, but loves the iPad I set up for her when she visited here in 2011. But if she wanted a newer model (or a the smaller, lighter mini), I'd honestly just have to tell her to go to the Seattle area Apple Store (she's looking at about a two-hour drive, each way).

I couldn't do anything for her from here, her not having a standalone computer. And I'm afraid that phone call/email is going to come before the end of 2013...

She's about to become a real-life test case in just how badly such a solution is needed.

Because I could easily walk her through a migration/upgrade procedure, if such a product/solution existed.