Thread: Joystick Chat
View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-10-02, 09:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
I haven't had a joystick since my old Nintendo Cube, but am interested in one for Minecraft. We've talked about this in past, the result being that there ARE no Mac joysticks... am I wrong?
Are you talking about a joystick as in a big arcade-style thing, or just a regular game controller? People use the term different ways...

There are Mac game controllers — Sega made a Mac version of the best 2D controller ever, the original Sega Saturn pad — but I don't know of any Mac arcade sticks.

I'm not a big PC gamer, so I don't know: wouldn't PC game controllers just be plug-and-play, like PC keyboards and mice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops
Feel free to discuss your fave joystick here too. The Atari 2600 joystick is still my favorite
If we're talking game controllers in general, DualShock 3. I also really like the Wii Classic Controller Pro. The Gamecube controller had some interesting ideas, and was ahead of its time in some ways (WaveBird!), but the "primary A button" concept didn't work for all games and the d-pad was absolutely worthless.

Worst controller of a "major" console goes to Nintendo 64, with an honorary mention to the original Xbox controller (which at least they sort-of-fixed). Worst controller of a minor console goes to Atari Jaguar (or Atari 5200, but lots of consoles had horrific controllers then).

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong