View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2012-03-07, 18:12

The people over at TWiT are absolutely obsessed with the lack of a "name". That's all they've been carrying on about all afternoon!

Good grief, people...let it go. It's an "iPad". Why in the hell are these people worrying about something that is at least a year away from ever being any sort of issue?

iPad is the new one. If you want to go cheaper, get the one that's labeled $399 (or has the A5 chip or 1024x768 display or whatever other common specs they'll use to describe it). Next year, when new models are out, they'll move today's new 16GB model down to that cheaper spot and anyone buying or who can halfway read should be able to easily differentiate between the offerings.

I like the lack of number or other suffix. The iMac and notebooks don't have them and I can tell them apart (maybe this is a cue to suggest everyone download MacTracker?)

In fact, I hope when September/October rolls around, the new iPhone is just that...iPhone. Especially since it's going to get confusing as hell with an iPhone 5 and iOS 6. It's gonna get ugly now that the iOS isn't neatly tied to the phone version as it was for four years. Number the OS (which is common and accepted galaxy wide), let the hardware just be (and use a reference, note a few important specs or use some common sense to tell them apart). I do it all the time.

Plus, "iPhone + iOS 6" doesn't tweak my OCD leanings like "iPhone 5 and iOS 6" would.