Thread: iPhone 2012 ;)
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2012-05-23, 14:07

I'm still gonna keep my 200MB, and I may ditch my texting plan altogether if I continue to be surrounded by other iOS users and can use iMessage for that. Right now, I have two people in my life I "green bubble text" with. And one is half a soul-draining flake-pot who could be out of the picture at any moment (and I kinda wish she was, frankly) and the other is somewhat new/recent, but we don't really text as much as we e-mail or talk (phone or in person). So I'd love to be able to cut that service and that would free up about $10 off my bill...

I'm only keeping it right now until I see how things go with the new iOS and iPhone release in a few months. I'll make my move then (I may have to stipulate that any new friends or whatevers that come into my life are iPhone-based, just so they don't bleed me on texting).

"Sorry, you're on Android. I can't be your friend (but not for the reasons you think)...".

Working from home these days, and then surrounded by WiFi anywhere I go (all my family, friends, favorite two pubs, etc.), I never even come close to breaking the 100MB mark each month, never mind 200 and beyond...in fact, AT&T should give "sippers" like me a break as a "thank you" for helping offset all those people who do everything via 3G, 24/7 (like my sister).

Reasonable, modest users like me are the reason their networks don't go down or get clogged beyond hope. I'm doing them a favor by not downloading every app and silly-ass movie over 3G.