View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-05-06, 03:55

Yes and no.

iTunes uses XML (not HTML) to present everything from the store. Aside from that, it uses standard GIF and PNG graphics that can be discovered in a similar manner to above. Heck, you can even get direct URLs to the song previews (they end in m4p). However, you cannot always simply access the store pages themselves via these XML files (some pages you can, though). There are several HTTP headers that you might have to send along with your URL requests in order for the servers to play along.

Among these include:

User-Agent: iTunes/4.7.1 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4)
Accept-Language: en-us, en;q=0.50
X-Apple-Validation: ########-################################
X-Apple-Tz: ######
X-Apple-Store-Front: ######
Accept-Encoding: gzip, x-aes-cbc

I've blanked out those decimal and hexadecimal values because they change based on a session ID and cookies that the iTunes application manages.

Now, I'm sure a determined individual could get a full iTMS interface copy working, but that individual is not me. That involves a bit more work than I want to attempt right now and it could break whenever Apple updates iTunes.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.