View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2012-03-07, 19:35

Exactly. And, unlike some, they don't come across as so spec/buzzword-obsessed, catering toward the people who buy into all that over all else.

For the most part, Apple takes slow, stable and steady steps through its updates. Every once in a while they'll blow the roof off the joint with something truly amazing and unexpected. But, for the most part, they don't have to. And, frankly, that's tough to do. They can't blow their wad 2-3 times a year at every event. Sometimes an iPhone or new iMac is just a new iPhone or new iMac, and not really a gamechanger.

I prefer Apple's approach because look at all the half-baked, on-the-street-when-it-shouldn't-be stuff you see and hear about from others, who are simply in a race for "get 'em now!" sales and profits.

I think Apple realizes that quality and simplicity are the ways to attract, and keep, customers and loyal users. No sense beating them over the head, non-stop, with hyperbole and The Next Big Thing™ every time you turn around.

Reminds me of that filthy quote from "Colors", where Robert Duvall shares an important life lesson with the brash, impatient Sean Penn.

Feel free to look it up...I ain't gonna say it here.