Thread: Joystick Chat
View Single Post
Dave
Ninja Editor

2014-06-12, 15:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca View Post
Personally I've never felt the need to drop tons of cash on a mouse. I've been playing games with pretty basic mice for a long time and they work just as well.

That's not to say I'd stick with a bad mouse, because there is certainly such thing. I've used some off-brand mice, usually small portable ones, that track poorly. But right now I use a Microsoft Intellimouse Optical from probably 10 years ago. If I were to buy a new one I'd probably just get this Logitech for $20 from Amazon. Don't see the point in spending $80 for a "gaming" mouse unless I'm a professional gamer or something.
It's not only tracking... there are several programmable buttons on those mice as well. Depending on just how programmable those buttons are, a mouse like that might be useful for general productivity.

When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden... and the one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream.