View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-03-02, 10:36

Just a quick status update on my testing from last night:

Bukkit feels stable, but the APIs are currently changing (deprecating and cleaning up a lot of old cruft) meaning a bunch of old plugins are currently broken. For example, the plugin I used for copying chunks of stuff between worlds needs updating. That said, those plugins are luxuries we don't immediately need for a fresh world start.

Only two gotchas I saw in my testing:
1. It seemed that zero hostile mobs were naturally spawning in SMP. They'd spawn with eggs and mob spawners, but not on their own in the dark. I tried tweaking settings to no avail. Not sure if this is a MC or Bukkit bug (probably Bukkit).
2. Bukkit doesn't fully support the new "giant" tree type. I planted four saplings and added bonemeal, but it just created a normal tree.

I was originally thinking we'd start a fresh world over the weekend. What do you guys say? Can we live without hostiles and giant trees for a while? If so, I'll pick and announce a time for us all to get online to break ground.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.