Thread: iPad-Mini Rumor
View Single Post
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2012-04-16, 19:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post
You're not addressing those who wish to have a smaller iPad.
I don't think there is serious demand for a smaller iPad that isn't satisfied by the iPhone/iPod. A little bit, sure, but it's not worth muddying up the iOS ecosystem with a weird in-between size.

Quote:
Few things in life are obvious. We learn from teaching, experience and familiarity. Gestural UI have a learning curve just like anything else.
A good UI is discoverable. Part of the reason iOS is so ridiculously popular is because it is so easy to use. You see it, you touch it. Done.

Quote:
A 7" tablet is lighter, right now the iPad is just a bit too portly for gaming long term (as a controller) and reading.
For gaming with a controller, smaller is better. For gaming with gestures... well, larger is better. As for reading, I find full-sized PDFs on the iPad are a little cramped.

A 7" iPad is never going to happen. I can see a 15-17" iPad to mimic the full-size magazine form factor. But 7"? What does 7" really accomplish besides cheaper and lighter, both of which can eventually be satisfied by a better 10" iPad?

Logic, logic, logic. Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris, not the end.