View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2007-03-09, 11:25

What makes this a real issue is the fact the Vonage was using Verizon's patents without approval and compensation. This isn't a government issue at all. Executive and Legislative branches aren't to blame here, patent infringement is.

I'm not a fan of Ma Bell in it current state though, which is why I went to Vonage for my "land lines". I'd rather not pad my cable companies pocket anymore either since they are getting a pretty good chunk of my money for broadband as it is. VoIP is also just about the only way to combat ATT and Verizon or the Cable Companies. The only way to communicate outside of them is cell phone. While that's convenient, I want my house to have a phone number. I don't want every marketer to call my cell phone and be force to resort to screening my calls based on caller ID. When someone wants to get ahold of my wife and I, they can call one number and then we can both pick up and talk without having to do a three-way calling with the cell phones. There are many other reasons why I would rather have VoIP. If Vonage is forced to shut it's doors I'll just move somewhere else. Most likely to cables "Digital Phones" service.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.