View Single Post
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2005-12-31, 12:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca
Most of the songs you'd think of as "sad" songs seem overly cheesy to me. ...
I concur.

Tosh, you are a walking cliche sometimes... I know you mean well but you can't escape yourself I'm afraid.

BTW you forgot "everybody hurts" and "Whose Cryin' Now" (the whole Journey anthology for that matter).

To answer your question, I don't intentionally listen to particular "sad" songs when I'm bummed out for whatever reason. That pretty much ended when I graduated from high school, as I suspect is true for many people. When you get right down to it, listening to depressing or sad songs when you are sad, is sort of like having a pity party. That's why so many teenagers do it. "Woe is me, the world is against me, my parents don't get me, the love of my life ( and double ) has dumped me, my life is over... I think I'll go listen to Tracy Chapman and REM now."

I do have music that is very somber in tone, but I listen to [at more or less random times]. A lot of times when I'm working because it's not so distracting as very upbeat or loud music. Actually I think I tend to listen to somber music at night when I'm tired or unwinding basically. Seems weird to listen to it in the morning on the way to work for example. And the reverse is true of upbeat music when I'm home from work (unless it's a party or something).

...into the light of a dark black night.

Last edited by Moogs : 2005-12-31 at 12:49.